FAQ | Recipe Kits
Do I need any special kitchen equipment?
The following list includes what we expect you to have in the kitchen:
- Basic cutlery (knives, forks, dessert and tea spoons)
- Baking tray
- Deep baking / roasting tray or dish (small and large)
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Frying pan (medium and large)
- Measuring jug
- Tea towels
- Saucepan (small, medium and large)
How long will a recipe kit last?
Please refer to the use by / best before dates on all ingredients. For meat and fish, this will be clearly noted on the packaging, you must use the produce within this timeframe, it will usually be 2 to 3 days after collection. For our non-meat kits, we recommend using them within 5 days. For maximum freshness and to improve the life and quality of the ingredients you must always store your food as per recommended guidelines. For more information go to the NHS Livewell Guide on How to store food correctly.
How often do new recipes come out?
Each week we have new recipes available to purchase in our ‘Current Recipes’ collection.
How long do your recipes take to cook?
Combined cooking and preparation time for our dishes aim to complete between 30 and 50 minutes. We give you a guideline for the cooking time on the front of our recipe cards. This is called ‘Dinner on the table time’. Times will vary depending on skill level and how much time you prepare and focus solely on cooking. We base on times on average cooking skills (Justine’s time to cook, not Steve’s!) and having all your equipment to hand and surfaces cleared.
What do I get with each recipe kit?
- An easy-to-follow recipe card
- All the fresh and dry ingredients needed to make a home-cooked meal. That includes all spices and meat.
- Perfectly portioned ingredients so you don't have to do any measuring or weighing at home and can be confident of portion size
- The satisfaction of cooking, without the hassle!