Make Kit’s mission is to make eating meat-free meals super easy and tasty.
Why? There are enormous health and environmental benefits to eating meat-free and plant-based, home-cooked meals.
Make Kit grew off the back of NHS research that identified recipe kits as a solution to overcoming the barriers to a healthy diet; the perceived high cost of healthy food, lack of time to cook from scratch and lack of knowledge of healthy dishes. Our recipes are designed to overcome these barriers with:
- 100% good-for-you ingredients (at least 2 of your 5 a day, low in salt, sugar and saturated fats, and no additives or artificial ingredients).
- New, inspiring & delicious recipes you can easily create (or recreate) yourself by following a simple step-by-step recipe that helps build new skills in the kitchen.
- Our kits start at £4.20 per portion, that's everything you need to make a healthy, home-cooked meal in around 30 minutes without the planning, shopping or prep! Yes, please!
- Up to 15% savings for office deliveries, by dropping your meals at work, just before you head home, we pass on savings in packaging and delivery to you. Get in touch with email@example.com to set this up.
- Our profits fund healthy eating programmes for families in need, making healthy eating accessible to all. Go to Our Projects to read more.
- Healthy Communities Stage 1 Report, May 2016. (NHS, Healthy London Partnership)
- Healthy Communities Stage 2, Evaluation, March 2017.
- Healthy Communities Stage 2, Final Report, April 2017.
- Make Kit Kickstarter, Nov 2016
- Veg facts: A briefing by the Food Foundation, Nov. 2016. (The Food Foundation)
- Fit for the future: Helping consumers eat more fruit and vegetables, April 2016. (NFU)
- Becoming a vegetarian, Dec 2017. (Havard Health)
- 5 Reasons a Meat-free Diet is Good for Your Health, May 2015. (The Independent).
Justine Fish | CEO | Founder
"I've spent the last 11 years in London and my passion for food and community started at university with a love of London Farmers Markets. After 6-years in management consulting, I was drawn back to this world and spent one year in various food and social enterprise businesses before bringing my passions and experience together in Make Kit. My other passions in life are music, enjoying time spent with friends and family and learning about different places and cultures through travel and new experiences."
Stephen Wilson | Head of Food | Founder
"I am a chef, sociologist and entrepreneur and have combined all of these passions for my role at Make Kit. I've worked with food most of my life, graduating from making sandwiches at a local cafe at the ripe old age of 14 to founding a cafe and events space called The Russet, then Dalston's, a natural soft drinks company, and a community food surplus kitchen project, The People’s Kitchen. I have developed a wide knowledge base of great flavours and dish as a chef and a vegan cookery teacher that I'm excited to share through our Make Kit recipes. My other passions in life are singing, cycling, community, adventures and basketball."
We are supported by a number of amazing volunteers, our funders and a freelance team of creatives. Thank you to everyone. If you want to get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.